[NetEpic ML] Re: Fight Cheese with Cheddar

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 20:34:33 +0000

Hi!

This raises another question I have had over the years. Although the VP system is a perfectly good system to when a game ends, it does give wierd situations like the one described. Many times a game has ended because a lonely stand keeps an objective while overpowering force is but mere centimeters away. It makes me wonder on what the real "end" of the game should be. I have entertained used fixed goals with clear provisions for victory, but this extends the game somewhat. the upside is a more realistic game with no last minute dashes to the finish line.

Some simple goals could be to take a couple of objectives that are closely packed and the winner is he who captures them adn from that moment HOLDING them for "X" amount of turns. It does open possibilities, but extends play.

Then again, once I set the table I dont keep track of time....

Peter