[NetEpic ML] Re: Debbie does NetEpic

From: Markus Lesny <PugsRule_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:29:35 -0500

Actually Debbie may be a victim of her ISP. Although you folk are doing a
great job keeping this hobby vital years out after it has gone out of
production, I have found that most of your discussions deal with rules
fiddling, not strategy and tactic. Since I play a different version of
epic, your rule debates are of no interest to me, so I used the address you
provided Debbie (and sent to all of us) to unsubscribe. Guess what, a day
later and I am still a member. It seems my ISP adds a word to my email
address, something they have been doing for the last month. If I use the
old address, without the word, as I did when I subscribed, I still receive
email (as your rules debates prove). But when I tried to unsubscibe, the
people who handle that looked for an exact match of the email address that
the ISP created, not the email address I registered with. They sent me a
nice explanation, but if I had not worked with PCs in the past, I would not
have understood it. Maybe Debbie has the same problem. When time permits I
will unsubscribe again, but in the mean time, let me take this chance to say
that Debbie, whoever you are, we probably owe you an apology, we were
unaware that the automatic unsubscibe does not work (Tzeentch is probabably
still unaware, but such is the way of chaos). Again, the rest of, as an old
Man of War fan, I admire your efforts to keep game going, it's just that
this version is not my cup of tea.