Re: [NetEpic ML] Transporting chaos troops

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:14:45 -0400

GW has given us some trouble here. The lesser deamon miniatures on the
new
chaos sprues is infantry size (5 per stand), whereas the old lesser
deamons
miniatures was much larger!

-->Hehe. If GW was ever consistent in terms of scale with Epic, I think
I'd have a heart attack. 8) Don't let the size of the model fool you.
Demons in general, are much larger than their human, fairy, stunty, or
green skinned counter parts. In general also, they see no need to use
such mechanical devices as transports (a fluffy rationale for the rule).
Think of it in terms of Ogryns using a Rhino. "You want me to do what?
I ain't gettin in that thing. It's dark and cramped in there!" Ogryns
can only use a Rhino with a Commissar present in the unit. If demonic
units are similar, then who is gonna boss them around?

I agree only CSM should be transported in T-Hawks. I think they lesser
deamons are best regarded walkers, in size (Not pinning class) and
infantry
in all other respects.

Nils

-->This is the "official net epic" interpretation as I recall. The last
time this came up, I believe we settled n this being the case.

Josh R

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein -Rammstein