Re: [NetEpic ML] New warhound titan

From: Dalton Calford <dcalford_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:27:10 -0400

Hi,

> Terrible. Nowadays it seems the Imperium is more orky than the Orks. The
> "Battlefleet Gothic Syndrome" seems to have moved in the next stage, BTW.
> Now even the Eldar titans look Orky...
>
> Jyrki Saari

I don't like the idea of the eldar looking orky, but, the imperium should be
looking very orky given the fact that they have been in decline for over 10
thousand years. They have cults that worship technology, without
understanding. They suppress any new knowledge, and the largest of titans,
get cathedrals and castles built upon them.

The orks may have alot of genetic drift screwing up thier instinctive
knowledge of technology, but, they still do have a active research and
development class (the mech boyz) who do nothing but try to figure out better
ways to fight.

The humans are patching up old dark age technology, or steadily using worse
and worse equipment.

On worlds that have been in a war zone for a few decades or more, orky style
appearence would be declared 'factory fresh' and 'best of breed' in
comparison to the ill equiped legions who are assembled, sent in to fight and
left without support while new legions are raised to replace them when they
are dead.

The entire background of 40k has been a dark, struggling, brooding wasteland.
I remember feeling depressed the first time I read Rogue Trader.

If you are playing a 'green' just off the home planet force, then your
equipment should look clean and new. Otherwise, you should have lots of
patches, shell holes, mis-matched paint jobs and vehicles with parts borrowed
from any possible source (including orks).

As for the warhound, I don't like the look of it, I feel it should have had
the same general design of the earlier warhound but with a more box-like
appearance (curves being hard to design while slabs of steel are simple to
build). I don't care if the head looks like a wolf or not, I just don't
think the new design looks anything like the fluff would describe.

best regards

Dalton