The TAU are here!!!!

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:19:38 -0000

I Picked up a copy of the codex Tau this morning, this has some
potential I must say! As we knew the Tau is a fairly large empire on
the estern fringes of the know galaxy.

They strongly resembles our Slann Army!!!!

The Tau is a reasonably new spacefaring race, however they have made
an immence progress in a very short amount of time. (Slann
influence???)Thus they are very high tech. Their allies the Kroot is
somewhat more barbaric and assimilate knowledge by eating their
fallen enemies. They may have gotten much of their knowledge about
space travel from Orks.

The Tau regular (Fire Warrior) has much of the same characteristics
as the imperial Guardsman. Relying on long range firepower rather
than closecombat. They are supported by battlesuit infantry. The
commanders also don battlesuit armour.

I think one could perhaps mould the TAU after the Eldar with the
battlesuits as aspect warriors. supporting them with massive
formations of Kroot warriors (Ork structure and command rules!)

The sneaky part is the TAU battledrones, they are small flying
saucers with heavy armourment. Much like the Necron scarabs. These
will be difficult to adopt into our scale. However, the WH40K minis
would probably make excellent Tau Drone ships......

This is all for now!!!

Have A good and prosperous weekend!!!!

Nils