Aaaaahhh Cheese Marines!

From: <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:29:25 +0200

I picked up the glove cast by Jyrki, and came upo with this. Can anyone do better? :-)

The Space Mariens are allowed a 20% of allied imperial forces, (at least someone mentioned this at the list sometime, so it must be true, at least it does not say anywhere that you cant�.), so I started with this. With a total of 4500 ponts, it would give me 900 points to spend on allies.

What the marines really lacks is heavy firepower so I started with an artillery company for 600 points. This would flatten at least two houses pr round, i.e. those houses I don�t plan to take in CC.

A company gives me a free commissar, who I bought a Stormblade for transport. This quite effectively made the huge tank a command unit with a 20 cm move that always fires in the FF-segment. (Andy Chambers used this houserule in a battlereport back in the early nineties, so I�m sure my opponent wont mind!)

With a Stormblade for 250 points, I had only 50 left to spend on allies, but I could not let it go to waste. I would really loved a Forward Observer for my artillery but could not afford it so I bought a Callidus Assassin for the rest. Bye, bye enemy-commander, hehehe!!

With the allies complete, it was time for the main force. Hmmmm� The Marines also have a Forward Observer!!! It does not say anywhere that the SM observer can�t spot for the IG artillery, they are allies after all! I bought a SM Forward Observer; NOW the artillery would be really effective!

I own the Dark Angels Chapter, so a Tactical Company of the unforgiven Space Marines is a natural choice. That�s 750 points. I rarely field an army without bikes, so the Ravenwing is another given choice. 15 fast attack vehicles plus an infantry commander for a mere 400 points is a bargain!

I now felt the need for some really tough and numerous CC troops, so I then bought a Great Company Space Wolves with Wolf Guard Termies. With a breakpoint of 18, and an effective cost of 150 points for a termiedetachment of commanders, it ought to give me a small edge on the battlefield! (The fact that the Dark Angels and Space Wolves hate each other and are just as likely to fight each other as the enemy, is something I have NEVER heard of!!! They are all highly motivated an disciplined fighters. It must be false rumors�)

The theme of the army seems to be good CC-troops, so another must-have is the Blood Angels Death Company. I was running a bit low on points, so I then bought a Blood Angel Scout Company for 450 points. Now I could afford the Death Company to 350 points! Beware!!

No imperial army is complete without a titan, so I went for the Reaver variant, it has good movement and can take a lot of incoming fire. I mounted it with two volcano cannons and a fire control center to make the guns hit on an awesome 2+!!

I now had used a total of 4475 points, and had a total of 25 left to spend. As the rules say that I can have +/- 25 points, I off course went for the +25 option and bought me a medic for the last 50 points.

A summary of my army would look like this:

Company Cards:
Dark Angels Tactical Company 750
Ravenwing 400
Space Wolves Great Company 950
Blood Angels Scout Company 450
IG Artillery Company 600

Support Cards:
Stormblade (with commissar) 250

Special Cards:
Space Marine Forward Observer 100
Blood Angels Death Company 350
Callidus Assasin 50
Reaver Titan 575

Does anyone want to play??

Eivind

[ Attachment content not displayed ] Received on Fri Sep 28 2001 - 10:29:25 UTC