RE: [NetEpic ML] DE overview

From: Trygve Bjornstad <trygve_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:00:44 +0200

Here are my comments after a quick playtest between Nils and myself... I've
only commented the general rules...

> Overall rules
>
> Prisoners
>
> The Dark Eldar almost always take prisoners during their raids. When a
> unit in close combat with the Dark Eldar is broken, and fails it's moral
> (fallback orders), roll 1d6 for any stands still in Close Combat with a
> Dark Eldar stand in the end phase, on a roll of 4+ the stand is taken
> prisoner and the Dark Eldar player awarded 1 victory point.
>
> As the rules stand, you gain 1 VP per stand that is captured. Is this a
> bit much? Why not one roll for the whole unit and then apply the VP bonus?

Great rule, works fine with 1 VP per stand. Gives the DE a flavour, but
doesn't distort the game balance...

> DE powers
>
> The Dark Eldar infantry have several advantages unique to them:
>
> Fleet of foot- this permits infantry to move an additional 5 cm during a
> charge move.
> Shadowed skin- they may only fired upon if the firing unit is within 25 cm
> Combat drugs- roll once on the following table and apply the results to
> the unit
>
> I don't have a problem with "fleet of foot" an extra 5 cm when ONLY on
> charge orders is okay. Shadowed skin is problematic, since you could
> only fire at them if within 25 cm. Perhaps it should be restricted to
> some units and not others. It could be a very powerful advantage.
>
> Combat drugs- this could lead to a lot of bookkeeping, but otherwise I
> don't see a huge problem here.

Fleet of foot - fine
Shoadowed skin - definately too powerful
Combat drugs - they're fun, although you might want to make one die roll for
all infantry with this power instead of doing it on detachment level...

Generally, I'd go for the faster moving versions of the mentioned infantry
units...

Trygve