RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Netepic Background

From: Karlsen, Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:01:50 +0100

Yes, i agree, but there would have to be some restrictions
on the True Slann, and they would have to be less evolved
than they are today. The battlesuits would be more primitive,
but i imagine them being protected by the "Necrons". If we
look at the way the U.S army is evolving, ie. they're researching
personal surveillance robots for the soldiers. This will imho
eventually lead to personal protection droids, which will lead
in due time, to full fledged robotic soldiers. If not, it is
at least a plausible evolution process. Comparing this to
the Slann and Necrons is then very tempting, and following
evolution backwards would suggest that the True Slann at least
were equipped with some sort of personal defense droids and
maybe some automatic targetting devices. This again can be
made very complicated, with add-ons and such, or simple,
by merely making differing units. Just add a few lines of
fluff in their descriptions, and Bob's your uncle! :)

Rune