RE: [NetEpic ML] DE summary

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:35:18 +0100

Lets' see where did I put that file...................................

Aha, Here you go!

Shadow Spinner
The Dark Eldar employs one type of Titan to add punch to their raids; the
Shadow Spinner. Its main weapon is the Shadow Weaver. The Shadow Weaver
fires an individual web template (this is a special hexagonal template).
Take one template and place it over the intended target (you may use LOS or
fire indirectly when on First Fire orders). The web template always scatters
2D6 cm whether or not it was fired indirectly. Place the template
number-side up in the location indicated with the number one printed on it
towards the firing model the attack. The other two templates are placed
joining the original template on a random edge (determined by rolling a
2D6)- if you roll the same edge twice the second template is wasted.

Any target under a Shadow Weaver template is automatically destroyed if it
does not roll 4+ save on a D6. If the model makes the 4+ roll, move the
model to the closest outer edge of the existing contiguous web. Models
displaced on First Fire orders will not be able to shoot until Advance Fire
(if it hasn't fired already). Titans/ Praetorians and any target with a
saving throw of 1+ are automatically moved to the closest outer edge of the
contiguous web and are not affected by the web (may shoot and retain their
given orders). The web, due to its slow speed ignores void/power shields, so
an immobilised Titan/ Praetorian hit by the web is struck on a random
location for the highest damage listed in that particular template. Infantry
in buildings roll 4+ as normal to avoid the web; additionally, the web
remains trapped on the building for the rest of the game making the building
section covered by web impassable. In the open, the web disperses in 2
turns. To keep track of this place the existing templates to their
un-numbered sides, and remove any unnumbered ones at the end of each turn.
The web does not block line of sight.

It is also equipped with a Disintigrator (see Ravager rules) and a pair of
Dark Lances.

The Dark Eldar Titan is equipped with a Shadow-field generator. The faster
the Titan moves the better chance of shots missing the Titan due to the
Shadow-fields. Shadow-field saves are taken whenever the Titan is hit and
before any armour saves are taken. This save is not modified by the
attacking weapon's saving throw modifier. If it is successful, then the shot
has missed the Titan and no damage occurs.

Shadow-fields are useless against barrage weapons. Any barrage weapon
attack ignores the Shadow-field save for purposes of determining damage. On
the other hand, Shadow-field saves apply to all weapon attacks that do not
use a template and are not psychic attacks, including Warp Missiles and even
multiple Vibro-Cannon shots. The fact that the Warp missile does not travel
through normal space is irrelevant since the Shadow-field blocks the sight
for the fierier and conceals the Titan, and hence the fierier may shoot the
missile to a wrong spot, through Warp or not.

The Shadow-field save values are as follows:

                Titan Orders Saving Throw
                First Fire 4+
                Advance 3+
       Charge 2+