[NetEpic ML] Re: Damage Rolls

From: Darius \ <darius.spano_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:01:01 -0500

We use the house rule to prevent Eldar exarxhs, ork nobz and other command
units from charging someone and then shooting them before they get into
close combat. They are powerful enough and if they want to first fire they
shouldn't engage a unit in CC to shoot it. As for command tanks, a
landraider that moves 40cm and first fires is devastating, but what about a
baneblade or shadosword moving 20cm and first firing. It seems that it would
be pretty hard to target units at such a high speed. So far noone has done
it with command tanks. I did see the rule in one of the Space Marine books
somewhere about command units charging and losing their first fire ability
because they initiated CC. I will try to find it.
Thanks for the response.