Ogres

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:10:29 +0200

Here are a few things I'd like to hear your opinions about:

1)Ogre conning tower. This is supposed to hold the Ogre's long range sensor
suite, so destroying or damaging it is bound to have some effect other than
a potential flashback on 7+. I propose the following change to the damage
table:
1-4: Sensor dome damaged. The Ogre has a -1 to-hit penalty to all weapon
attacks until repaired.
5: Sensor dome destroyed. The Ogre has a -1 to-hit penalty to all weapon
attacks for the rest of the game.
6: Sensor dome destroyed and there's a sensory feedback overload. Roll once
on the Cybernetic damage table.

2) AP weapons are IMO too effective; 5+ to-hit should be enough.

3)Heavy tank: I'd increase the range to 100cm and decrease the save modifier
to -2.

4)Ogre main battery should IMO have +2 to damage rolls.

5)Shields; this is a real pain. On the other hand the technology certainly
existed during the Dark Age of Technology, but OTOH the Ogres are already
VERY durable so game balance might well be ruined even with increased cost.
What do you think?

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.