Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40000 to Netepic

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 10:31:53 -0400

Hi!
----- Original Message -----
From: "mitchtanz" <askari_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 11:09 PM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40000 to Netepic

> Hi Everyone
>
> I will delurk share my experience in Epic 40K to Netepic.

Always a pleasure to hear from lurking members, I love new input!

> I started with the 'new' Epic 40K as my first introduction to GW 40K
> universe. I used this system for 6 months until I came across the
> Netepic website in 1999. Then I realised the evolutionary path. Being
> dumb, I had not recognised Epic 40K as derivative of Space Marine,
> which I had played a couple of games, years before.

Interesting persepective. I think most net epic players played the older version, tried epic40k and switched to net epic. It cool to hear from someone who started with epic 40k and switched to net epic.

What caught your attention about net epic? Why did you switch?

> I now know I was not all that stupid, the system and approach had
> been changed so radically. I play 40K but use Netepic 4+ in my large
> scale battles. I have even played Epic 40k with people, occasionally
> to this day...however,(and I may be damned by the "Inquisition" for
> this), after I introduced Netepic to them they all moved away from
> Epic 40k. Oh, that only means two converts, but still.

Converts are converts are converts. I once said at the beginning of the net epic saga that if only ONE person played net epic that would make it all worthwhile. That particular goal has long since past, but I appreciate you sharing that you have added to our following. That in itself is considered a major contribution for net epic.

> Peter or anyone. Can you tell me which White dwarf?

I stopped collecting WD around 197. I happened upon that article by reference of a friend. Check WD's between 210-220. I'll try to track down a more specific issue.

> "I also remember Robin Dew's pathetic whining in an editorial
> in `White Dwarf' when it was obvious the game failed in the
> marketplace. Pretty pathetic."
>
> Out of sheer curiousity
>
> Thanks for a wonderful maillist.

Thank YOU for adding to our following!