(no subject)

From: Chris Kaminski <ckaminski_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:02:23 -0800 (PST)

An interesting battle has heated up in my game room, probably one of
the fiercest rules battle yet. It has implications on the lifespan of
titans. The ruling will not unbalance one army over another (that I
can see).

1. Results from "Titan Damage Sheet".
  A roll of a 6 for a head shot on most (if not all) damage sheets is a
knock down.

"The Titan crashes to the ground as a result of the explosions. Decide
randomly which way the Titan falls. Any vehicles or troop stands that
are fallen on are destroyed."

2. There are two disagreements here:
Does this roll affectively destroy the titan when it falls over?
If the titan is not disabled, should the titan be able to stand back up

by some means (with or without assistance)?

Argument 1:

Titan is completely disabled:
  A. The hit sheet is called the "Titan Damage Sheet". The implied
reference then is that any roll on said table constitutes damage that
must then be repaired.
  B. Only hit locations that specifically state "until damage
repaired" or "unless repaired", are able to be repaired.
  C. On every other hit location, a roll of a 6 is catastrophic and
results in the destruction of said location.
  D. A roll of a 6 on the Warlock or warlord/phantom head location
does NOT state that said damage may be repaired.

  The argument is that a roll of a six on the head indicates that the
titan is out of the battle (but still on the table).

Argument 2:

Titan takes no damage but is knocked over and can stand back up under
certain circumstances:
  A. The hit location says nothing about the head being destroyed,
damaged, or disabled like it does on the other 6 roll hit locations.
Therefore it does not need to be repaired.

  examples:
    Weapon is blown off the Titan as above, but there is a flashback to
Titan�s hull. Roll a D6.
    On 1-2 roll for damage on the Wing, on 3-4 on the Reactor, on 5-6
on the Head.

    Wing is blown off the Titan and lands within 2D6cm in a random
direction. Anything it lands on must make a saving throw or be
destroyed.

    The leg is blown apart and the Titan collapses. Decide randomly
which way it falls and place it on its side lying in that direction.
Any vehicles or troop stands that are fallen on are destroyed.

  B. If the titan's legs are not destroyed it should be able to stand.
With the assistance of it's own power fist (if listed) and it's crew,
it can stand during the movement phase and is under the affect of a
charge order. It cannot do anything else for the remainder of the turn.

  With the assistance of another titan with a power fist and both titan
crews, it can stand during the movement phase and both are under the
affect of a charge order. Neither of the titans can do anything for the

remainder of the turn.

  However in this case, does the titan('s) act as if under first-fire
orders with regard to effects of things like Eldar holo-fields. Would
this necessarily be limited to power-fists as well? If I have ANY arms
(weapons whatever) left, would the titan be allowed to stand?

  C. If the titan is knocked over, is still functional, but cannot
stand, can it still use it's weapons?

Thank you in advance!

=====
Chris Kaminski
 "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
---Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear