Re: [NetEpic ML] (unknown)

From: ckaminskipoboxcom <ckaminski_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:11:14 -0000

Yes, and it seems curiously absent in 4.0. I have both versions, so
if you have a page reference, I can kill this debate once and for
all. Or I can just wait until I get home tonight. ;-)

Thanks for the input. My opponent is expecting more than one
opinion, so all you lurkers out there, speak up!!

Thanks again, for such a wonderful resource as NetEpic.
-Chris

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Wow! Rules questions are fun!
>
> Any roll of 6 on ANY titan damage table effectively DESTROYS the
titan, regardless of the "poetry" of the wording.

> A roll of 6 on the head means the head is destroyed in a
fabulous "knockout blow" where the head and crew are crushed. The
titan will topple randomly (use scatter dice) and crush whats
underfoot. In case it crashes into another titan (presense or absence
of shields non-withstanding) it hits the titan with a -3 save modifer
hit on a random location on the side of the titan it hits.

> If I'm not mistaken the above rule may have gotten omitted in
version 4.1.

> Peter
>

> > An interesting battle has heated up in my game room, probably one
of
> > the fiercest rules battle yet. It has implications on the
lifespan of
> > titans. The ruling will not unbalance one army over another
(that I
> > can see).
> >
> > 1. Results from "Titan Damage Sheet".
> > A roll of a 6 for a head shot on most (if not all) damage
sheets is a
> > knock down.
> >
> > "The Titan crashes to the ground as a result of the explosions.
Decide
> > randomly which way the Titan falls. Any vehicles or troop stands
that
> > are fallen on are destroyed."
> >
> > 2. There are two disagreements here:
> > Does this roll affectively destroy the titan when it falls over?
> > If the titan is not disabled, should the titan be able to stand
back up

> > by some means (with or without assistance)?
> >

> > Argument 1:
> >
> > Titan is completely disabled:
> > A. The hit sheet is called the "Titan Damage Sheet". The
implied
> > reference then is that any roll on said table constitutes damage
that
> > must then be repaired.
> > B. Only hit locations that specifically state "until damage
> > repaired" or "unless repaired", are able to be repaired.
> > C. On every other hit location, a roll of a 6 is catastrophic
and
> > results in the destruction of said location.
> > D. A roll of a 6 on the Warlock or warlord/phantom head
location
> > does NOT state that said damage may be repaired.
> >
> > The argument is that a roll of a six on the head indicates that
the
> > titan is out of the battle (but still on the table).
> >

> > Argument 2:
> >
> > Titan takes no damage but is knocked over and can stand back up
under
> > certain circumstances:
> > A. The hit location says nothing about the head being
destroyed,
> > damaged, or disabled like it does on the other 6 roll hit
locations.
> > Therefore it does not need to be repaired.
> >
> > examples:
> > Weapon is blown off the Titan as above, but there is a
flashback to
> > Titan's hull. Roll a D6.
> > On 1-2 roll for damage on the Wing, on 3-4 on the Reactor, on
5-6
> > on the Head.
> >
> > Wing is blown off the Titan and lands within 2D6cm in a
random
> > direction. Anything it lands on must make a saving throw or be
> > destroyed.
> >
> > The leg is blown apart and the Titan collapses. Decide
randomly
> > which way it falls and place it on its side lying in that
direction.
> > Any vehicles or troop stands that are fallen on are destroyed.
> >
> > B. If the titan's legs are not destroyed it should be able to
stand.
> > With the assistance of it's own power fist (if listed) and it's
crew,
> > it can stand during the movement phase and is under the affect of
> > charge order. It cannot do anything else for the remainder of the
turn.

> > With the assistance of another titan with a power fist and both
titan
> > crews, it can stand during the movement phase and both are under
the
> > affect of a charge order. Neither of the titans can do anything
for the

> > remainder of the turn.
> >
> > However in this case, does the titan('s) act as if under first-
fire
> > orders with regard to effects of things like Eldar holo-fields.
Would
> > this necessarily be limited to power-fists as well? If I have
ANY arms
> > (weapons whatever) left, would the titan be allowed to stand?
> >
> > C. If the titan is knocked over, is still functional, but
cannot
> > stand, can it still use it's weapons?
> >
> > Thank you in advance!
> >

> > =====
> > Chris Kaminski
> > "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-
death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will
permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I
will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone
there will be nothing. Only I will remain."