[NetEpic ML] Re: Titan toughness

From: Thomas Lawson <kurmark_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 23:13:49 -0600

> Again true, true, once upon a time it was so bad for titans that many
players
> just didnt field them anymore, titan legions made some changes, but still
> little too late.

I kept fielding them just because I thought they were cool (and had spent
$20 on two Reavers). They usually ended up being a detriment to me.

> The alternate titan rules in Incoming! address most of these points and
> redresses the balance making warlords more powerful and gargants less so.
> Regardless of what we do however we must change the current system in some
major
> aspects. mainly in resilence of titans and how well they repair and such,
also
> weapons HAVE TO be re-evaluted to make them all useful and priced
accordingly.

I do like their ability to shrug off infantry now. It was too easy to kill
any kind of titan with 5 Discs of Tzeentch back in the day. I could always
knock out a Warlock Titan with 5 Disc Riders and a couple of Chaos Gifts.
That was stupid and I knew it even though it allowed me to win a few times.

I think the repair rates are fine as is. One thing that always stuck in my
craw was the flashback from weapons to either the head or bridge....almost
certain death or severe maiming. A roll of a 5 or 6 on a weapon was just too
damaging. Yeah, I would certainly like to take another look at some of the
Titan weapons. Most of them can stay the same, but others need to be
revamped to be useful in some capacity.

With more detailed terrain rules a lot of those weapons would become more
useful....like Rubble Claws (LOL!). Inferno Cannons would be more useful for
fereting out infantry in cover. BTW, it would be cool if flame units in Epic
caused an immediate morale check. Other than that, flame units are generally
stupid in Epic unless you can really put together a good plan built around
making them work.