Re: RE: Re: [NetEpic ML] Teleporting Terminators

From: <drklrd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:04:17 -0800

I do think it is possible and probabable that a whole unit of termies would be fielded. According to space hulk fluff this happens often. There are even rules for using normal marines in space hulk (from one of the white dwarfs) to support the termies.

suppose

you split the tertminator in to two cards one for the company

and a second card for the teleportation.

that way a player who feels that he wants to field them all in one place at one time can buy the company and plop it down on the table in his deployment area and have at it.

then if another type of player wants teleport them he could pay the additional cost and deal with the teleport rules. (what ever is decided on that; I personally favor a dice roll to teleport,

in a single turn a player could attempt to teleport as many as three detachments
1 to 5 roll on d6= successful 1st detachment teleports,
if successful could try again...
1 to 3 rol on d6= successful 2nd detachment teleports to same place
if successful could try again...
1 to 1 roll on d6= succesful 3rd detachment teleprots to same place.

if during turn any roll fails or player wants to teleport to a diffrent target area restart process over next turn.

for additional fun there could be an additional roll if a unit fails like 1-4 nothing happens
5 detachment is destroyed in the warp or 6 time continuam fabric is destroyed: land i unit of 28mm
fanasy orcs armed with two handed weaponsin target area then use knight rules for these figures :)