RE: [NetEpic ML] One Q about Snap-fire...

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 08:09:51 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: antichrist666it [mailto:seimejote_at_...]
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 6:01 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NetEpic ML] One Q about Snap-fire...

Consider this... I've a det of 6 Tactical marines on FF orders, and a
det of Chaos Marines 51cm away from them with charge orders.

My opponent activates the Chaos Marine det and moves towards my
Tacticals... when I can declare that my detachment will snap-fire?

At any point of your opponents move.

Technically, I can shot when one of his CSM stands enters in range of
my weapons (50cm), and I think that I must snap-fire with ALL my 6
stands, not just one at a time (I can't snap-fire in six different
times, right?). So here's the problem...

1 - If I snap-fire when the first stand is in range, the others are
too distant, and I waste some shots.

Then you wait until you think they are close enough.

2 - If I snap-fire when the last stand is in range, the others have
already moved and so not eligible to fire at (I think).

No, let him move the detachment and then you tell him you will fire when
he reaches "x" point. If you inflict casualties and he fails a morale
roll he stops his movement at the point you designated.

Peter