Re: [v5.0] Core Rules [LONG] redundant Units.

From: brandu <brandu_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:28:00 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm not sure what is meant by the "redundant units" in this rule.
For
> example, no matter how large the game there still is only one
Ravenwing
> in existence.
>
> This was originally instituted mostly for the ork clans. Its silly
> assume that there is only one "clan". There may be only one name
for the
> clan (bad moonz, goff, whatever), but restricting to one card is
odd.

> I guess when the time comes we need to decide which cards are
> "repeatable" and which are not.
>
> Peter

Peter,
As I am doing the Orks, this is very important. The old
SM/TL rules had it set that the only way to 'double up'
on a Clan card was to have one of each of the Clan cards
before doubling up. With this rule I can limit this to
two to three clans worth of purchases before I can double up.

This is important in that (for example) Goff boyz are excellent
in CC (+3 CAF) and Bad Moons are excellent at Shooting (-2 TSM)
I consider Snakebite Clan to be marginally useless and any of
their Clan specific detachments that I want to use I just use
Deathskulls.

Is this what everyone wants?
I definitely need some info from others on this.

example Army under the above rules:
6000 point total
I have a Bad Moon Clan (as they are my best shooters) with
4 detachments for a total 0f 1250 points. I then purchase
the Goff Clan with detachments(1300 pts) and the Blood
Axe Clan with detachments and Special(2050 pts). Now I can
purchase another Blood Axe Clan card for (600 pts) I still
have 800 points to play with for Detachments or Special.

Brandu