Re: [NetEpic ML] [V5.0] Space marine bike company

From: Zerloon <zerloon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:14:42 +0200

I totally agree with you.
Another thing about "special" chapter, I think that if they have some
advantage they should have some disadvantage too. For example the Blood
Angels have access to special units normal SM have not, but they haven't
any disadvantage to compenste this. So, why choose an Ultramarines Chapter?

At 15.47 15/04/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>A while back there was some discussion about allowing Space marine chapters
>to field full bike companies in the same manner as the Imperial Guard.
>
>As they claimed that this can make the IG more manoverable that a SM army.
>It then followed on that White Scars and DA would lose their advantage as
>they are the only SM chapters to have the Company sized formations of Bikes
>and Landspeeders. Resulting in motions put forward for them to have 2 such
>companies.
>
>This I am against at least in the case of The Dark angels. The one reason
>why the Ravenwing is so good with their bikes is that since they are fully
>accepted in to the chapter a member of the Ravenwing is a dedicated
>bike/Landspeeder warrior and the Chapter lumped all of the light vehicles in
>to the single formation. They don't physically have any more vehicles or the
>spare capacity to produce any more.
>
>Where as with the IG due to the rules about how and where regiments are
>called up , usually within 10 light years of a trouble spot there is going
>to be far more variability to the force that is going to be produced. For
>example If Attila is attacked their is going to be a very different army
>deployed against the threat than if Mordia or Cadia were attacked.
>
>Where as the various Marine chapters are completely fixed with the
>differences being minor as most of the chapters follow the Index Astartes to
>a greater or lesser degree, Major exceptions Space Wolves, Black Templars,
>White Scars.
>
>But within the individual chapters there is very little difference between
>the various companies as they all follow a set pattern, Battle, assault,
>tactical, Devastator, vehicle, Scout.
>
>This is just my opinion feel free to comment, agree disagree.

>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=214508.1858224.3361270.1501205/D=egroupweb/S=1705059081:HM/A=949165/R=0/*http://content.search.shopping.yahoo.com/search/tmpl?tmpl=psshowcase2001.html&query=tag:PSshowcase2001+%23cversion%3A%7Bimage_PSshowcase2001+url_PSshowcase2001+desc_PSshowcase2001+title_PSshowcase2001+morehtml_PSshowcase2001%7D&q=PSshowcase2001>15501a.jpg
>
>15505e.jpg
>
>To unsubscribe send e-mail to: netepic-unsubscribe_at_egroups.com

15501a.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: 15501a.jpg)

15505e.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: 15505e.jpg)