Fanatic Newsletter

From: Bernasconi Davide <davide.bernasconi_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:57:28 +0200

And now something different from my last email:

FANATIC NEWSLETTER - APRIL 2002
By Jervis Johnson

"Subject: Epic 40K Chaos Miniatures?

Could you please tell me what happened to the Chaos dreadnoughts and bikers
that were being released for Epic (according to Epic mag # 7 and Fanatic
staffers)? I do not understand why they and the Titan (which is apparently
sculpted) or other sculpted figures cannot be released to make the fans
happy and generate some income for Fanatic. White Dwarf # 268 mentions the
Chaos Warmaster miniatures as being available now/very soon but I am still
waiting to hear about their true release/availability date.
Thanks!

Rob Esselstein"

Jervis replies:

These are jolly good questions. Basically, the restructuring of Fanatic so
that the models we make are produced by the main GW factory, has meant that
a number of new releases have been pushed back. When Fanatic was first set
up it was possible for us to rush out new models within a couple of months
of getting the 'green' master model. Unfortunately these models were very
hard to get hold of, and could often only be ordered from UK Mail Order (and
even then with some difficulty!) The new system we're moving over to will
make it easier to get hold of models pretty much anywhere in the world, but
the downside is that it takes around about eight months to get a green into
production. In the long run this will be worth it, but in the short term
(i.e. now) it means that our releases are pretty thin on the ground.

I should also say that even once we've moved over to the new system, there
will be a considerable delay before we bring out any new models for
Necromunda or Epic. This is because these two systems will not be fully back
into production until Winter 2002 (for Necromunda) and Spring 2003 for Epic.
The reason for the delay is simply that these two games have been out of
production for quite some time now, which means that tracking down all of
the old moulds and getting them running again will take time. Until then you
should be able to get hold of some of the old models from our Mail Order
departments in the UK or USA, but we won't be able to bring anything new out
until the range is 'live' again. All I can do is apologise for the dealy and
say that, once again, the wait should be worth it.

With regard Rob's specific questions about Chaos releases, the Epic Chaos
Dreadnought, bikers and Titan probably won't be released until summer next
year, once we have the Epic system live again. The Warmaster Chaos Spawn and
Daemon Princes are out now in the UK, and the Daemon Horde should be out by
the end of the month. Customers outside the UK should be able to order the
Warmaster releases from their local Mail Order department within a month.

Davide