RE: [NetEpic ML] Special characters

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:54:00 +0000

>Captain Cortez
>Cortez is one of the most stubborn and resilient of the crimson fists.
>Type: Replaces a veteran HQ
>Requirement: 3000 points of crimson fists
>Model: HQ unit. Add +1 CAF and a 3+ fixed save.
>Resilience: Due to his extreme resiliency, Cortez can avoid even things
>which kill models outright on a 6+ roll (no modifiers)
>
>-> 3+ Fixed save... a bit potent isn't it?
>
>The fixed 3 up save is a direct copy from 40K 3rd but yeah it is a bit
>potent. I works fine in 40K scale were the biggest thing thrown at him will
>be a basilisk shell but in Epic it is to good, saving shots from defence
>lasers etc with a normal suit of power armour??

Well, its a bit over the top. I figured that in addition to being a tough
cookie, Cortez would be pretty lucky and good at avoiding fire. Thus the big
save.
Also, its pretty powerfull sinceits his ability. He dont get any neat tricks
to perform. But a 4+ would work too.

>Type: Marneus Calgar is a special card
>Requirement: 4000 points of ultramarines
>Model: Marneus is a space marine commander with the following
>modifications:
>He get +3 CAF, 5+ fixed saving throw.
>Brilliant tactician: Marneus may always change the orders of a nearby unit,
>in addition to the normal choice for being a commander. I.E. he could makes
>units force march AND change an order, or he could change two orders.
>
>-> So you can use Charge orders and then First fire?

No. Need clarification. You can change orders for 2 detachments. Not the
same one twice :)

>Bodyguard: Dante is accompanied by a bodyguard of 5 veteran marines with
>jump packs. This unit forms a detachment on its own (no rhinos) and is not
>broken unless Dante is killed.
>
>-> A detachment of one stand?

Nono..Dante and the bodyguard stands form a detachment. Just like an IG
colonel and his bodyguards

>Commander Azrael
>Azrael is the leader and master of the dark angels and a fine strategist as
>well.
>Type: Special card
>Requirement: 4000 points of dark angels
>Model: Commander. Add +3 CAF and 5+ fixed save.
>Lion helm: ALL models within 10 cm. receive a 6+ fixed saving throw
>Brillian strategy: As for Marneus above
>
>-> So you can use Charge orders and then First fire?

Same as with Marneus above

>Ezekiel master of librarians

>Bolter drill: All marines within 10 cm. of Lysander may reroll failed to
>hit
>rolls when firing bolters
>
>-> Could be cool, needs playtesting and a reasonable cost.

Yeah. Its propably one of the better abilities. Though it should propably
only affect stands within 10 cm.not detachments with a single stand within
10 cm

>Chaplain Xavier
>Xavier serves the Salamanders as their supreme chaplain nad leader of the
>cult prometheus
>Type: Special card
>Requirement: 3000 points
>Model: Chaplain. Add +1 CAF and 4+ fixed save
>Master artisan: Xavier may repair vehicles just like a techmarine
>
>-> 4+ fixed save? Why?

THink I was thinking 40K where chaplains carry energyfield. It should be 5+
like most of the others.

>Ragnar Blackmane
>Ragnar is the ferocious leader of a space wolf great company.
>Type: Replaces one of the wolf guard stands leading a great company
>Requirement: 3000 points of space wolves
>Model: Wolf guard with +3 CAF, +5 movement and 5+ fixed save.
>Wolf howl: Ragnar may emit a wolf howl once per game. THis encourages all
>space wolves within 20 cm. adding +5 to their speed and CAF
>
>-> +5 to CAF?!? Is this a typo? Otherwise it is cool.

LOL, the CAF was supposed to be +1.

>Ulrik the Slayer
>Ulrik serves the space wolves as a rune priest and is responsible for
>training many young warriors
>Type: Special card
>Requirement: 3000 poitns of space wolves
>Model: Rune priest with +2 CAF and 5+ fixed save
>Training: If including Ulrik in an army, you may pick a wolf guard
>detachment in power armor that receives a +1 bonus to CAF.
>
>-> Again this is cool, he is a wolf priest BTW.

LOL, sorry. My mistake

Weasel