Re: [NetEpic ML] Dreadnaughts

From: kaptinplundar <marreola5_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 03:57:33 -0000

Sorry for jumping in on this topic a little late (I've been deprived
of my pc for a month argggh!)
But I had also thought of how they transported the dreads around
myself, and the artillery for that matter.
So I thought up hooking up a flatbed to the back of a rhino that was
long enough to hold two units. Its hitch?? would be connected to the
rhino where a whirlwind launcher would go.
It has the convinience of allowing the the rhinos to carry the troops
and haul extra loads around (at a speed penalty I figure), then just
unhook the load and let your cargo set themselves up. Pick them up
later.

I figure it be simple to make and give you an excuse to modify some
rhinos to boot (just shave of those door latches and make a hole to
receive the hitch?? )

Kaptin Plundar
mmmm, internet goood

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I remember that in older editions of 40k you could carry dreads and
> robots in rhinos. Perhaps we'll do that.
>
> Peter

doing
> > about
> > Dreadnaughts, I have loads, I love the models... yet I never take
them
> > as
> > they are too slow to use effectively. If we increased there
movement
> > 15
> > they would be worth taking, at the moment, I leave them behind.
> >
> > Last time we had this discussion I made a special effort
and did
> > some
> > for the EZines battle report, they achieved nothing, I had to
charge
> > them
> > to get them into range and then they failed to do any damage. My
IG