RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Core rules Part II: summary

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:49:32 -0400

Hi!

Perhaps, but it may be needless splitting. There are many "rationales"
one could apply. A SM dreadnought is bulky but slow so the vehicle could
escape by distancing itself. Of course then you could point out by that
rationale that a bike/cavalry should be able to pin the vehicle on
speed, but then I would point out you they don't have enough bulk.
Circular logic I guess.

One could surmise that it takes a combination of bulk and speed to pin.
So in reality infantry should be on their own. The next higher category
is dreads/robots/bikes and cavalry. Some in that category have more bulk
and speed other more speed than bulk, but eh AVERAGE, I think, is
similar. Vehicles have much more bulk to speed ratio than any bike,
cavalry or dreadnought, so they should be kept apart.

Peter