Re: [v5.0] Imperial revision: marines part I

From: maccwar <engines_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 16:03:01 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> It's time to start the imperial revision. The first list is the
Space marine list.

> Imperial Space Marines
> Infantry
> Space Marine Armor Saves
> Space Marines are the toughest troops of the Imperium. They have
genetically altered bodies and special armor connected to their
nervous system to protect them against the great variety of weapons
used in the 40th millennium. This greater resiliency of them is
reflected in their battle statistics in NetEpic; they could not be
killed as easily as a meager Imperial Guardsman could, who had no
armor. Terminator Armor, which is as strong as a tank, offers even
more protection. Combat armored Space Marine Infantry have a saving
throw of 6+ in a D6, and Terminators and similar units have a save of
5+, which is modifiable to 6+ but not below that. These armor save
values do not apply to Space Marine Scouts and gun batteries, since
Scouts do not wear armor, and batteries have vulnerable equipment
whose destruction would render their stands useless.

<pedantry>The wording in this intro is one thing which has always
bothered me. I find the change in tense a little jarring</pendantry>

How about:-

Space Marines are the toughest troops of the Imperium. They have
genetically altered bodies and special powered armor connected to
their nervous system to protect them against the great variety of
weapons used in the 41st millennium. This greater resiliency is
reflected in their battle statistics in NetEpic; they can not be
killed as easily as meager unarmoured Imperial Guardsman. Terminator
Armor, which is as strong as a tank, offers even more protection.
Combat armored Space Marine Infantry units have a saving throw of 6+
in a D6, and Terminators and similar units have a save of 5+, which is
modifiable to 6+ but not below that. These armor save values do not
apply to Space Marine Scouts and gun batteries, since Scouts do not
wear armor and batteries have vulnerable equipment whose destruction
would render their stands useless.

Just a suggestion.

Jez