RE: [OT] Vortex grenade moments was RE: Sv: Sv: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] New Imperial units

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 12:53:51 -0400

Hi!

HA! I can top that and with extra cheese to boot. Long ago in RT days I
used to play 40k (<gasp>, yes it's true) and I participated in a
tournament where everything goes up to 2000 points.

I played SM and brought two figures to the board. One terminator squad
with a librarian and another leader type I used as spotter. The rest of
my points were spent on off the table ordinance. A single Vortex missile
worth one thousand points (according to SM you could spend up to 50% of
your points in ordinance).

The first game I lost initiative and waited on the far end of the field,
my opponent fielded a all dreadnought/robot army with power fields
encompassing his force. He didn't do much but he killed one terminator.

My turn, I spotted scattered and fired my mega-missile. The radius of
the missile was 21/2 feet! A gapping hole was left in his side of the
table, his entire army destroyed.

To this day it is STILL talked about.

No wonder I don't play that game no more.

Peter