Re: Sv: Sv: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] New Imperial units

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 20:57:57 +0000

>--- In netepic_at_y..., <eivind.borgeteien_at_c...> wrote:
> > There where also some talk about Cyclone termies. Someone made
>stats for them. I dont remember who.
>
>Gimme the staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats! :P
>
>Just substituting the storm bolters with the dread missile launcher?
>(50cm, 4BP, 5+, -1) cannot combine barrages of course

In fact, I would propably prefer to keep termies as close quarter troops. A
cyclone launcher is by no means powerfull enough to make a barrage template
with -1 to hit. The thing carry a load of 12 missiles only and is only
carried by ONE terminator per stand.

>Disagree... why not make them standard transports for Termies of the
>Black Templars chapter? Outside Black Templars there are very few of
>them to justify even a detachment...

Would work but I dont want to see chapters with advantages but no penalties.
Otherwise, why bother playing regular marines at all ?

And besides, in 40K (where the crusader is taken from) you can have a
crusader (allthough only 1) in a normal detachment. So chapters defiantely
have enough to field a detachment

Weasel