[v5.0] Cyclone Terminators & Crusaders

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 23:47:09 +0200

> Jupp!!!! So wopuld termies with missiles!!!! We could Also have flamer
> termies and assault cannon termies, but do we really need all these
> units?????

  The assault cannon ones are IMO included in the normal terminator stands, hence the better to-hit roll and save modifier. As for do we need the Cyclone launchers, that is for the listmembers to decide.

  Jyrki Saari

  -There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.

  ---> They also add quite a lot for CAF. If somebody remembers Space Hulk, there was a DEADLY tactic for busting genestealers: Emptying the Assault Cannon ammunition in only one turn, usually there was no critter left. Assault Cannon are really deadly at closer distances because there's no need to aim.

  If we allow cyclone terminators, they will probably substitute the Assault Cannon or the Heavy Flamer, thus I propose a reduction of their CAF to +4. What about changing their fire stats to

  Storm Bolters 25 cm 2 dice 5+ -1 STM
  Cyclone Missiles 75 cm 1 dice 5+ -1 STM
  (Remember Cyclone Terminators keep their storm bolters, their left handed weapon -usually P. Glove- is substituted for an aimer)

  I understand there's ONE terminator with cyclone. If all FIVE of them are cyclones, I propose reducing CAF to +2. (And make their firing stats awesome). Then also raising their cost to 450 wouldn't be a bad idea, too

  On Crusaders:
  Though Land Raiders are pretty good, they usually become quite stuck when fielded as Terminator Transports. The fact is that Terminators are designed for Closse Assault and Support, while Land Raiders are Tank Busters over medium-Long Distance (though they still able to defend in Closse Assault, The eternal SM versatility). The problem comes when you end charging with Terminators.

  Are you allowed to give different orders to Land Raiders? If so, are you forced to maintain Unit Coherency? If so ( the second question) I still see them as a waste of points, because bringing LandRaiders to Assault an enemy position it's not quite my favourite tactic...So Crusaders would probably be used quite often. This combination Terminators - Land Raiders as a pack is something I never understood.

  Albert