[NetEpic ML] Re: Helping Titans Survive the Modern World.....

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:23:19 +1100

At 12:22 PM 12/14/99 +0000, you wrote:
>>>Make ablative armor reduce by the armor save modifier of the attacking
>>>weapon.
>

>>I kindly disagree because it leAves us with a battletech like system where
>>you have to keep track of how much damage each titan has suffered on each
>>location.

No, no, no, no, no! This system would in no way turn Titans into
Battletech-style mech sheets. The idea is to simply give a minimal amount
of ablative damage capability to the more vulnerable areas of the Titans so
as to reduce the effectiveness of Infantry weapons on taking out Titans.
There is nothing more annoying than fielding a 900 point Warlord Titan only
to have it taken out by a lucky shot to the Reactor by a lone stand of
Ratling Snipers (don't laugh, I've seen it done). With the ablative
damage, this would be much less likely to happen.

>>Too much bother in large battles.
>
>I agree. Battletech takes ages to play. Besides, would all hits knock off
>the same amount of armour?

No. Heavier weapons would inflict more damage than lighter ones. This
then forces you to use either lots of weaker shots to blast the armour away
and hopefully damage the Titan, or to use one or two heavier weapons to try
and waste it.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."