Re: Re: [v5.0] Elite suggestion, Part II

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:35:56 -0400

>>+++++ Weasel's Storm Trooper unit would work, but I'd really like to change
>>the name as it bring up connotations of both Star Wars Imperial and Nazi
>>Germany troops. Neither one I really want on my side. Perhaps a generic
>>"Special Forces"?
>
>Well, in 40K they are called storm troopers so that'd be a good reason :)
>
>And..storm troopers were in fact first world war german infantry as well ;)
>
>We can go with special forces, but I dont think changing too many things
>from 40K is a good idea. Remember, any player that gets into NetEpic will
>likely come from 40K or epic40K.
>
>By changing too many things we might just scare them away
>
>Weasel

*laugh* I'm sorry - that arguement just seems a bit odd, since in your

>rename it "Infantry weapons" or similar.
>
>Rename the landraiders guns "Linked lascannon"

I also object to the WWI German infantry - they weren't nice people then,
either. NetEpic is based off 40K but I do not feel we should feel bound by
what appears there. Unless I'm fielding a Star Wars Imperial army, I don't
want troops that remind me of Nazi Germany. Perhaps I'm making too much of
a small thing here, but I feel rather strongly about it.
-Yar