Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Elite suggestion

From: Zerloon <zerloon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:56:51 +0200

At 10.48 10/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Now that we've more or less agreed on what Elite *is*, we're into who *is*
>Elite. First, let me put up the final definition:
>
>Elite: +1 morale, one reroll per game for the detachment, better against
>Titans - am I forgetting anything?

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

I've another proposal for Elite and HQ, but since it's quite radical should
be read only as flyng thoughts ^__^

Basically this is my think:

what's HQ units? Basically are people with carisma and mind to command
other people, they aren't necessary superior warrior (like Farseer).

what's Elite units? Are especially selected people to make a rare and
powerful units (like Terminators).

So, my proposal:

HQ: they follow all normal rule about move or fire, apply special targeting
rules.
Elite: They can move in advance phase and fire in first fire, or charge and
fire in advance fire.

In effect I've only splitted the ability of actual HQ to make two distinct
and less powerful units.
I think that most actual "Elite" must lose this ability, 'cause they're
superior training are in they're stats and special ability (like Eldar
Aspect Warrior).

Obviosuly an unit can be Elite AND HQ (ork Nobz for example)

Let me know.

Zerloon