RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Transports & coherency

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:21:04 +0300

[snip]
> --->Unfortunately, yes. To avoid the usual "cheating" I would enforce
> the "all knowing" GW doctrine. Note while you could write
> down what each
> has, I have still seen fudging as to which specific rhino has the HQ
> unit, etc. The remedy would be to have ultra-detailed miniatures for
> easy ID as well as a sheet to facilitate this sort of ID.
> Truth be told
> I'd rather just tell people what has what and avoid this issue
> altogether. Unrealistic? Certainly. Easier? You bet.
>
> Peter

"Ultra realistic" is a relative measure. In my Chimeras, for example, I use the German WWII three-digit numbering system (XYZ, where X is company, Y is platoon and Z is the vehicle). I have managed to paint the numbers by hand, and it should be noted that I am so lazy as to never shade or highlight my epic models...

In my Rhinos I have a Roman number to use as a platoon number and a letter (from a to c) to denote the vehicle. For HQ vehicles the letter is "H". The Companies are differentiated by colors.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.