Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Straight vs. Allied Armies

From: P.J.T <paul.j.t_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:37:59 +0100

> Is anyone interested in rules for army construction? I haven't any, and
> before I put any effort into it I thought I'd see what folks thought. I
> think a combined army is more powerful than a straight one, and I'm of the
> opinion that the rules should reflect that.
 <snip list ofideas>

idea #5 (a.k.a the observers brainvomit..):
Make it a percentage raise for taking any unit as allies. That way the more
expensive units don't become the best choice as an ally as they would with
having a basic +100points system (a 1000 point card under this system would
have a lesser percentage added than a 600point card, therefore gets a
"Cheap" ride).
 Whilst a percentage addition sounds like it would be more involved, it
could be easily included inthe basic rules or even army cards. Each choice
has two values. One for if its part of the Main force and one if its part of
an allied contingent. If this was displayed ont eh army cards as an
x/ypoints for main/ally then it would be dead easy to keep track of.

Does that make sense to anyone else?

And now I'll go back into hiding...

Cheers,
Paul "TuffSkull" T.