RE: [NetEpic ML] Epicentre - Heresy Rules query

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:25:31 -0400

Hi!

Yup. I had the same problem and resolved it the way you did, Tom will
fix that in time.

By the way, as the creator of Heresy, I am REALLY interested in you're
input on how the game plays and how you would fix anything in
particular.

Here are some things I plan to fix:

1. Army structure. I'm somewhat dissatisfied on how it works right now
and wanted to add more "character" and individuality to it. I have been
playing with the concept of "battlegroups" the name is merely generic
since they would be called different things in different armies, but the
concept is the same. Now, battle groups would vary in size and nature
from army to army. For example in SM the battlegroups are small, but SM
can command more of them contrary to IG where the battlegrop would be
very large, but IG commanders can command so many. The number of
"battlegroups" a commander can lead would be equal to his Leadership, so
SM leader could command 5 or more groups while IG on average could do 3.
The what you put into a battlegroup would vary according to the
commander and army. For example SM would have more support units at
lower levels of command while IG could not afford support assets at such
low levels of command. This eliminates the need for separate artillery
commander as they currently exist in the rules.

2. Artillery rules. These are somewhat clunky right now, especially the
rules on activating artillery and summoning bombardments, I'm ironing
them out to make them simpler.

3. I'm giving some thought to a initiative scheme, but will come laer.

Peter