RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] New unit summary (marine revision part III)

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 10:24:40 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: jyrki.saari_at_... [mailto:jyrki.saari@...]
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 8:40 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] New unit summary (marine revision part III)

Here are the new units proposed in the part III. Have a look and tell
what you think; I'll create a poll of acceptance later.

The current Predator is a bit strange considering that it has two
different weapon systems which have identical stats. I'd drop the
autocannon's TSM to 0 and possibly give it another attack die.

I agree, in accordance with weapon standardization autocannons have a
TSM of 0.

New Predators:

Predator Annihilator
Move: 25 cm
Save: 3+
CAF: 0
Weapons: Twin-linked lascannon/Lascannon Sponson
Range: 75cm/75cm
Att. D: 1/2
To Hit: 5+/5+
TSM: -2/-1
Notes: Twin-linked lascannon in turret

Predator Destructor
Move: 25 cm
Save: 3+
CAF: +1*
Weapons: Autocannon/Sponson Heavy Bolters
Range: 75cm/50cm
Att. D: 1/3
To Hit: 5+/5+
TSM: 0/0
Notes: Autocanon in turret

*The original suggestion had a CAF of 0. IMO the CAF should be higher
because of the added close range firepower so I took the liberty of
changing it.

That's fine.

Land Speeder 'Tornado'
Carrying a devastating Assault Cannon the Tornados excels in the
anti-personnel role, often acting as a mobil reserve, dashing forward
to exploit weaknesses in the enemy or bolstering the Space Marines'
attack where they most need it.

Move: 30 cm
Save: 6+
CAF: +3
Weapons: Assault Cannon
Range: 35cm
Att. D: 2
To Hit: 4+
TSM: 0
Notes: Skimmer

Land Speeder 'Typhoon'
The Typhoon is a Land Speeder fitted with Typhoon Missile Launchers.
Typhoon Missiles are simply a larger version of the Frag missiles
fired by a normal missile launcher. They are excellent weapons to use
against enemy infantry and light vehicles, but lack the strength to
deal with more heavily armored enemy vehicles and troops.
Models: GW plastic or metal models of the name.

Move: 30 cm
Save: 6+
CAF: +3
Weapons: Typhoon Missiles
Range: 50cm
Att. D: Template
To Hit: 2BP
TSM: 0
Notes: Skimmer, cannot combine barrages, cannot use Indirect fire

Comments appreciated. Personally I'd say the Typhoon's CAF should be
lower; +2 at most.

I think it should go down too, since it balances the barrage capability.

Peter

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time
is money.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/