Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Marine Revision Part IV

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:35:29 +0000

>Let's start:
>Blood Angels
>Perks:
>-Death Company
>
>Limitations:
>-None at the moment. Since the black rage manifests just before battle
>during moripatris, I'd propose that one Blood Angel company must lose the
>number of stands in the death company if it is used. Furthermore, since the
>Blood Angels have little control over the black rage its use should be
>somewhat random: before a battle the Blood Angels player must roll a d6. On
>5+ some models have succumbed to the black rage and the death company
>_must_ be purchased. Add +1 to the roll if the force is larger than 4
>companies.

Bad idea I think. Prevents you from creating your army beforehand. Rather,
force the purchase of the death company if 3 companies are picked or more.

>Dark Angels
>Perks:
>-Deathwing (Terminators immune to morale checks)
>-Ravenwing (Special fast attack formation of 2 land speeder detachments and
>a bike detachment)
>
>Limitations:
>-May only use Deathwing and no other veteran formations.
>
>As of now, there is no counterbalance for the Ravenwing. Any suggestions?

No regular bikes can be bought. There are no normal DA bikes, only ravenwing

>Space Wolves
>Perks:
>-Great Companies
>-Blood Claw Bikes
>-Blood Claw land speeders
>-Blood Claws (Fear causing assault troops)
>-Superior CAF
>
>Limitations:
>-No normal companies (Tactical, assault, devastator, scout, veteran,
>terminator)
>-Shorter heavy weapon range.
>
>At a glance no great imbalances. However, I confess of not playing with or
>against them.

I think the wolfies are okay as they are

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?
How many times will we just look away?

Pennywise - One voice