Heresy II update

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:15:32 -0400

Hi!

Well, I have gotten up most army lists with a few more to go. Here's a
summary of what's going on:

1. First off this is a prototype; I need to carefully proofread
everything to make sure the wording corresponds to the changes.

2. One thing I like is that I eliminated the word "unit". It an
ambiguous word and leads to interpretation difficulties. Now wording is
simpler. You have model (one miniature), detachment (a group of models)
and battlegroup (a group of detachments).

3. Battlegroups. The idea is old, but Epic A convinced me I could use
this in Heresy effectively. You still purchase detachments according to
those lists in the army books, but they are now the "building blocks"
for the battlegroups. You attach detachments to form battlegroups
according to each army's guidelines. Battlegroups reduce a lot of
bookkeeping in the original since now you have one morale for the
battlegroup and one activation.

4. Artillery functions better now (still have to add direct LOS by
artillery and counter battery).

5. Retained initiative. Of course this one is from Epic A, but it fit
very well in the Heresy rules already there.

Play is more interesting now. Armies like the tyranids are real scary
since their high morale permits them to activate MANY units per turn a
veritable swarm!

Comments welcomed!

Peter