RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Marine Revision Part IV

From: Millett, George <George.Millett_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:19:04 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: jyrki.saari_at_... [mailto:jyrki.saari@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 6:58 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Marine Revision Part IV

[snip]

> >Agree... Sabre are useless, IMHO.
>
> Thats why I suggested upping it to a battlecannon. 4+ to hit -2 TSM
>
> Makes the term "tank destroyer" seem less like a joke

But battlecannon isn't exactly a Space Marine style weapon. That and the
fact that mounting it on a light (compared to a Leman Russ anyway) chassis
might have some problems. Even if the GW universe guns must have some
massive recoil dampers to stop the gun hitting the back of the minuscule
Leman Russ turret when fired...

--->If it is hull mounted should be a problem after all the new 40K
Vindicator has a Demolisher cannon on it.

The problem with Sabre is that it is basically a Predator without side
sponsons. Add more firepower and you get a predator. Subtract some and it's
completely useless. BTW, could someone refresh my memory. When did Sabre get
a turret? The original Sabre in some old White Dwarf (100 + n where n is a
relatively small integer) had hull mounted gun.

--->IIRC there is a new IG Leman Russ Tank destroyer which has an upgraded
Rapier laser destroy mounted in the hull. Might it not be an idea to change
the Autocannon to this and give it some bite or just allow them the use of
the Leman Russ version??