Re: [NetEpic ML] Comments about the New Version of NetEpic

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 02:24:13 +0000

> From my understanding (originally), the purpose of these polls was to
>determine rules for an ALPHA edition of the new set of rules. Some people
>are acting like these rules will be concrete. Which, I'm hoping, they are
>not.

They will be an Alpha version which will then be playtested and tried out
thoroughly, a process that will likely last untill the next revision *grins.

> Which brings me to my other point. Why the comparison between the new
>version of netepic and the newest version of 40k. I don't understand that.
>The new rules for the blood angels are based solely on that from what has
>been discussed so far. NetEpic was made to move away from the mistakes
>made
>in Space Marine and salvage what was left of it. So why keep it in line
>with GW's current line of thought? Why not use 2nd Ed. 40k rules? They
>are
>certainly more in keeping with the earlier versions of Epic/NetEpic.

The reason is that a lot of units are being taken from 40K, and if we use
40K units, then they ought to behave in a similar way.

Remember..this isnt just a game for old school players. We get new people
all the time, and those new people wont have played Space Marine.

They'll have played 40K3 and E40K.
If everything is completely different from what they know, then we'll loose
them again.

My couple or words.

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?