Re: [NetEpic ML] You live and learn

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <lorenzo.canapicchi_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 19:16:38 +0200

What I'm worried for is the amount of changes to include and playtest after
the end of the project.
I mean, if I want to design a completely new system maybe I can produce a
mostly complete beta version and then playtest it just to have a wide
vision of the thing, but if I'm changing and refining a previous *working*
release the better way to work I can imagine it's to make all the changes
on the core rules and then playtest the system, then I can approach one
race at time and do some chamges and so on.
Actually we "should" work on marines and what I see it's a pandora's box
that produce continuously ideas, changes on point cost, polls about
everything, core rules and/or specific themes.
Another strange thing is that we use an "alpha" version of a point cost
calculation system to propose changes in the official release.
I thing a cost formula it's a _very_ good thing _but_ before use it and
have impact on the system I would prefer to separately _test_ it first,
when it will be a beta, a gamma or whatever, then we could decide to use it
to judge things that affect core rules.

I'm not saying (again) that I love NE 4.1 as it is, or that I don't want to
change it, or that I don't like the point cost formula, I'm just saying
that _maybe_ this isn't the correct/best way to work if our goal is to
build a better NE version.

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
TXT e-solutions S.p.A.