[v5.0] Blood Angels proposal summary

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:48:23 +0300

1) Veteran assault marines instead of normal veterans.
2) Assault Scatolos replaced by Furiosos.
3) Psychic power "Quickening" in place of Mind Blast (one infantry/bike stand within 50cm and LOS gets it CAF doubled; max of +10). Note that it really is a single stand, not a detachment. Works on 2+ or 3+ (will be polled).
4) Baal Predator
5) Sanquinary High Priest. Blood Angels Infantry, Cavalry and Walker units within 10cm of a Sanguinary High Priest may re-roll once per close combat resolution their close combat dices (the second roll is final). A special card and, IMO, unique one. The master of apothecarion of the BA.

SPECIAL RULES:
After orders have been placed, roll for each detachment not on charge orders. On a 1 the detachment's orders are changed to Charge and it must move at least 10cm towards the enemy.

Then there's the death company. There have been a couple of suggestions, and I will poll about these. If I have forgotten any feel free to correct me. Note that I have dropped my original suggestion and invented a new one.

Suggestion 1) BA must purchase the death company if the force is larger than 3 companies.

Suggestion 2) The death company stands, with the exception of the Chaplain, must be picked from the other infantry/cavalry units in the army. They are replaced by a death company stands and fight in the death company. They lose their special equipment. The cost of this death company would be something like 100 pts, which include the chaplain and the CAF & morale update. The disadvantage is that some detachments will be closer to break point.

As a general restriction I would suggest that BA can't purchase chaplains without the Death Company; they're supposed to use all their time to tend their unfortunate brethren.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.