Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0]Iron Hands Counterproposal

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:05:19 +0000

>Counterproposal:
>I like the concept of a siege-oriented Chapter, so let's keep that. We
>already have a clan-oriented Chapter (Space Wolves). I also like the
>concept of a highly bionic trooper, so let's give special bonuses to their
>veterans.
>
>Rep: Fearsome, but no effect on the battlefield. If you've gotten to the
>battlefield the enemy's already made it's morale check and will fight as
>normal. Players may agree on a suitable effect if it seems appropriate.

the reputation need no game effect I think

>Regeneration: Veterans, Terminators and all special characters have
>regeneration on 5+.
>
>Better Armor: Due to their increased metal composition, Veterans,
>Terminators and SC's have +1 to their armor.

Im not too keen on regeneration. If having a steel leg and stuff lets you
regenerate, why cant a tank regenerate,...they are made of steel all the
way.

The +1 save to veterans and better troops, is a great idea though

>Victory Point bonus: In order to promote ruthlessness, Iron Hands score
>VP's both from objectives as normal and as Tyranids - normal for breaking
>enemy units and again for wiping them out. This should insure a few
>senseless massacres.

This one is pretty cool. But limit them to only half the VP rounded down, of
units they wipe out

>Disadvantages:
>1) If your opponent isn't purchasing any fortifications you may not
>purchase Seige Companies. Note: the PDF free fortifications *do* count.

I dont like that one. That would mean the enemy would have to make his army
first before you can make yours.

>2) The Vets & Terminators are mostly machines, so they have to follow
>written orders like robots.

Not too sure I like that one. But I cant think of a better replacement :)

>3) Your specialized troops are much harder to replace than regular marines
>- your opponent gets 50% more Victory Points from breaking your Seige,
>Veteran and Terminator Companies. Normal points for everything else.
>4) No allies.

Those two work for me.

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?