[v5.0] New Army Idea

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:53:36 -0400

I was reading the Adeptus Titanicus book and found a reference to Rogue
Traders. The idea makes sense, and I kinda like to connection to the
origional game. Here's what they had:

        Rogue Traders: These are a group of highly privileged individuals who roam
the galaxy as condotteri, explorers, privateers, conquistadors and,
occasionally, merchant princes. Rogue Traders have no formal military rank,
but may receive detachments of Space Marines and Imperial Guards as a
private army. With a retinue of tech-priests, Inquisitors and psykers, a
Rogue Trader can be a formitable conqueror, even without the occasional
backing of the Titan Legions.

Sounds like they could field parts of the SM, IG and TL lists, and probably
some Squats as well, but no companies of any of them. Maybe like the Chaos
Renegade Warband and Eldar Merc cards - you've got a core card and widely
varying support card choices. Opinions?
-Yar