[v5.0] Poll summary

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:02:14 +0300

UNIQUE:
POLL QUESTION: Should the special healing abilities of
medic and techmarine be able to save
units which are destroyed by a weapon
which creates a warp hole (eg.
Deathstalker and Vortex)?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Yes, 0 votes, 0.00%
- No, 29 votes, 100.00%

Unanimous poll!!!! The first time I've seen anything like this. The respective abilities in the core should be updated.

SAVING THROWS:

POLL QUESTION: Marine Chaplain is equipped with a
rosarius, so his save should be better.
How much?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Fixed 6+, 16 votes, 57.14%
- Fixed 5+, 12 votes, 42.86%
- Other (please send suggestion to the group), 0 votes, 0.00%

Fixed 6+ it's going to be.

POLL QUESTION: What should the Marine Chapter master's
save be?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Fixed 6+, 9 votes, 31.03%
- Fixed 5+, 20 votes, 68.97%
- Other (please send a suggestion to the group), 0 votes, 0.00%

The save will be fixed 5+ from now on. This applies to all chapter masters.

DREAD &ROBOT TRANSPORT

POLL QUESTION: Should Thunderhawks be able to
transport dreadnoughts?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Yes, 20 votes, 76.92%
- No, 6 votes, 23.08%

POLL QUESTION: Should Thunderhawks be able to
transport robots?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Yes, 20 votes, 86.96%
- No, 3 votes, 13.04%

Clear enough. I suggest that, for simplicity, Thunderhawk can transport a detachment of either.

POLL QUESTION: Should Dreadnoughts be allowed to use
drop pods?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Yes, 16 votes, 66.67%
- No, 8 votes, 33.33%

POLL QUESTION: Should Robots be allowed to use drop
pods?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Yes, 13 votes, 59.09%
- No, 9 votes, 40.91%

This is a bit more problematic. I mean, what is the rationalization if dreads can use drop pods and robots can't. Any suggestions?

POLL QUESTION: Should Rhinos be able to transport
dreadnoughts?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Yes, 8 votes, 33.33%
- No, 16 votes, 66.67%

No dreads in Rhinos. I'd say this means no robots either.

CAF POLLS:
POLL QUESTION: Should Marine bike CAF be dropped to +2?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Yes, 5 votes, 21.74%
- No, 18 votes, 78.26%

POLL QUESTION: Should Marine attack bike CAF be
dropped to +1?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Yes, 4 votes, 18.18%
- No, 18 votes, 81.82%

POLL QUESTION: Should Landspeeder CAF be dropped to +1?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Yes, 7 votes, 26.92%
- No, 19 votes, 73.08%

Stat changes
POLL QUESTION: Which stats for assault Scatolo do you
prefer (see my post "Assault Scatolo
stats").

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Current stats, 8 votes, 38.10%
- Proposed stats, 13 votes, 61.90%

So close and yet so far. The old stats are going to stay.

POLL QUESTION: Which stats for the Land Raider
Crusader do you prefer? (see my
post "Land Raider Crusader")

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Current, 12 votes, 63.16%
- Proposed, 7 votes, 36.84%

Ditto.

It was apparent that people do use Sabre. Therefore it will not be dropped. Problem is, it's IMO far too crappy unit for marines and is essentially a Predator without side sponsons. Any suggestion to make it worthwile?

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.