RE: [NetEpic ML] Re:Homemade Bases

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:35:16 -0400

How much are these f#_at_%ing tiles? They would have saved me hours and bitching
from my wife "What are you doing?"

I order 'em from Dal Tile (maybe Daltile - I forget). They're the 1" (actually
7/8 true to allow for grout, but they're called 1") bathroom floor tile, and
you have to make sure to order 'em *LOOSE*. If you order a sheet you'll never
be able to get the plastic calk off (I know - I've tried). It's something like
$3-4 per square foot (144 tiles) so I was able to base my entire army for $50
or so. Superglue works well, Elmer's, Goop and other epoxies don't and I hit
everything with matte clear enamel after flocking - looks pretty good.

I get the white ones for Imperial & Eldar troops, tan for Orks & Chaos and
black for all vehicles. I've been thinking of getting the 1" hex tiles for
Tyranid - just to highlight how alien they are. I'll try and get some pictures
in a few weeks - it'll be another two before I get home again.
-Yar