Re Alternate Objectives

From: peter cornwell <petecorn_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:09:40 +1000

Hi,

Thanks very much Peter for the PDF's of V5 you sent me.

Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this. I think Yar you have
done a great job with the alternative objectives, and I think it happens
that you've changed the wording enough so there won't be any copyright
problems. You made some changes that I was thinking about (like having
to move onto a Capture Objective to get the points - just getting within
15cm seemed just too easy, abstract and silly all togeather).

I was going to be a bit more wordy, but I think your write up is better
than
mine would have been. By being so consise you make it clear that these
rules are completely customisable and incorporatable in any way people
want
as long as both sides agree.

I was thinking of adding a couple of objective counters, but upon
reflection
I think they'd be better incorporated into specific scenaros that I'll
hopefully
write up one day. I want to have had time to playtest them at least once
first!

I'd also like to mention how much I like the work done on the new core
rules. I particularly like the set-up method of putting down alternate
Army cards worth of troops. 4.1 didn't mention this. I've always set up
with a screen of boxes between the armies - which is kind of awkward and
slow. There are a few other little touches like that that really polish
them up in my opinion.

Good work guys!

Peter Cornwell.