Re: [NetEpic ML] Warhound damage table

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:11:55 -0400

We have played that the Titan can continue to fire if: a. It has
available weapons; b. An arc of fire; c. survives the fall. What we do
is once the direction of the fall is determined, the side hitting the
ground must make armor saves for every hit location on that side.
Failing indicates damage is done to that location, as if hit by enemy
fire. This can all be mooted if the Titan falls on it's face or back, as
it will have no available weapons to fire. This has only come up twice
in games I have played. The first time, the Titan blew up as a hit was
scored on the engine compartment after falling. The other time, the
Titan did a face plant of glory, and wasn't able to do anything after
that. For these situations we took our cues from Battletech, with no
piloting save to remain standing. I don't recomend this as a rule, as it
can slow things down, but does provide somewhat of a *ahem* "realistic"
approach. Of course, even if the Titan survives, and has weapons, and is
on its side so it can fire, it's a sitting duck after that. Further
more, even if all of the criteria are met, and a Titan can continue to
fire, it has a strict LOS fire arc, that realy isn't an arc at all, just
a straight line from the weapon in the direction it's facing. We
consider that, under these circumstances, that anything can block LOS,
including friendly trrops of any sort. Just an idea.

Josh R

"No matter where you go, there you are." B.Bonzai