Re: [v5.0] IG part 3

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 11:19:35 -0000

Comments below...

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> Sentinels
> These are one-man fighting vehicles armed by rapid-fire
autocannons.
> Models: Plastic or metal GW Sentinel models.
>
> Move: 25 cm
> Save: 6+
> CAF: +2
> Weapons: Autocannon
> Range: 50 cm
> Attack Dice: 1
> To-hit: 4+
> Save mod: 0
> Notes:

25cm Movement are IMHO too much for a walker (it's faster than
cavalry!), I'll lower it to 20cm.

> Leman Russ Tank
> This is the main battle tank of the Imperial Guard. It is well
suited for long range firing and can hold its own in close combat.
> Models: GW metal model of the name.
>
> Move: 20 cm
> Save: 3+
> CAF: +2
> Weapons:
> Battlecannon
> Range: 75 cm
> Attack Dice: 1
> To-hit: 5+
> Save mod: -2
> Lascannon
> Range: 75 cm
> Attack Dice: 1
> To-hit: 5+
> Save mod: -1
> Bolters
> Range: 15 cm
> Attack Dice: 1
> To-hit: 6+
> Save mod: 0
> Notes: Turret
>
> >Considering that Leman Russ has 2 heavy bolters the bolter stats
should IMO be a tad better.

Maybe 2 attacks?

> Hellhound
> This vehicle carries a large flamethrower with volatile fuel to
burn its targets to ashes. A special teardrop template is used to
recreate the effect (see the Core Rules Booklet for templates). Any
unit under the template is hit on a 4+ and must save in order to
avoid destruction. This weapon ignores cover modifiers to hit.
> Models: GW metal model of the name.
>
> Move: 15 cm
> Save: 3+
> CAF: 0
> Weapons:
> Fire Thrower
> Range: Template
> Attack Dice: special
> To-hit: 5+
> Save mod: 0
> Notes: Ignores cover
>
> >Flamers in NetEpic generally hit on 4+ so I'd suggest the same for
Hellhound.

Agree, and I suggest the following modifies, too:

1 - Move: 20cm (at least as a Chimera, the chassis is the same)
2 - Save: 4+ (the possibility to hit the fuel tanks should be taken
into account
3 - CAF: +2 (the firethrower is a definite deterrent in close combat)