Re: [v5.0] IG part 4

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:18:28 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> Tunnellers
> These units have the ability to bore through the earth and surface
behind enemy lines or close to vital objectives and disgorge many
troops.

> Tunnellers may surface anywhere on the tabletop. Declare the
tunneller to be surfacing and roll a d6; on the roll of 1 the
tunneller has met some obstruction and may not surface that turn.

> -> I would say that tunnellers may not surface under buildings.
>
> How close to the intended target the tunneller will surface will
depend if the transport vehicle can see the point where the tunneller
will surface or not. If there is direct line of the sight between the
transport and the surfacing point roll for scatter; if the result is
an arrow (a hit means it is on target thus there is no deviation)
roll a D6 x 5 cm to see where the tunneller surfaces. If the
transport vehicle can not see the intended point of surfacing and an
arrow result is rolled on the scatter dice, roll a D6 x 10 cm to
determine the point where the tunneller will surface. Tunnellers
surface during the movement phase and are activated in the player's
turn to move like any other unit.

> Tunnellers have independent movement from the troops they carry.
Tunnellers have a maximum move of 15 cm (they do not double their
move on Charge Orders).

> Support Cards bought for a tunneller company must be tunnellers
themselves.
> Transported troops disembark on Charge or Advance Orders but at
half the normal rate and may disembark the same turn the tunneller
surfaces.
> Jyrki Saari

IMHO this section should be removed from IG codex and placed on the
Core Rules. It's a description of a class of vehicles, not a special
rule of the Imperial Guard. Agree tha tunnelers may not surface under
buildings.