Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Design Philosophy Issues

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 02:20:44 -0500

Why? Actual situation of the 41st millennium is what GW says it is.
NetEpic is not.

(...just to make clear my idea of GW politicies...)

-->Ahem. This is another key design philosophy issue I had not covered
in my previous post. What is the Point of NetEpic? Is just to amuse
oursleves, or are we going to try and get new blood inot the mix? If
we're to get new blood, we have to face the fact that we will be drawing
from GW players primarilly. I don't give a fig about GW policies. Like
Peter, and others, I use nothing beyond 2E40K, and even then, I mostly
use RT era stuff. If we have any hope of this being anything other than
a fairly close introspective group (and game), we had best look beyond
our opinions of GW (they suck), and reach out to those who have been far
more loyal to them. And, even in the original RT era fluff, things were
this way...
Besides, from a design point of view, we are making far more problems for
ourselves by trying to please and accomodate everyone. It is far better
to keep the basic components focused. From that basis we can branch off
inot whatever fantasy any of us wish to.

Josh R

"No matter where you go, there you are." B.Bonzai