RE: [NetEpic ML] [5.0]Chaos army list

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:27:01 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: deaconblue3_at_... [mailto:deaconblue3@...]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 2:44 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0]Chaos army list

1) Divide CSM from Daemon is right for me, but they should can allies
each
others.

>>>This one seems to be a given by now, anyone opposed to this?

-->Yes, but I seem to be the lone voice in the wilderness. I jsut don't
see this as happening except on the table top. It just doesn't fit the
fluff. Sorry guys, but it doesn't. A plit in army lists, if at all,
should be between fights in the Eye, and fights outide of it, nothing
else.

>>>Well it seems, there are other people who disagree since there is
more than just one vote against it. Although such a division may be made
it doesn't preclude adding some units from across lists. It just keeps
it to manageable levels.

2) Divide Caos between powers is also good, every God with his own
unique
troops and the choose of Chaos Undivided

>>>This one too seems favored, anyone opposed?

-->Division among the powers is the only one I see as necessary, period.

It's teh only one that makes sense from a mechanics and fluff view.

>>>It seems we want animosity; problem is what mechanic to use. Zerloon,
gave me an idea which is a twist on his. The animosity stems from one
greater demon to another so as Zerloon mentions lets concentrate the
rule mechanic on that, after all the followers are just that-following!
They don't have that real reason to hate beyond their greater demon says
so!

-->This works for me. The tests for animosity revolve around the GD's.
That way, if a test fails, that GD and his minions charge their "enemy,"
with out effecting the remaining army bits, and it's all in one roll.

I thought it was simple to, hopefully others will agree too.

Peter